Saturday, June 20, 2009

trusting for monkey bites


we just talked to annie  in africa for the first time since she arrived!  she sounds wonderful at “home” in the place where her heart sings.  she told us about her flight, the people and children at the orphanage where she will work.  we talked about the challenges of time change and how much we miss her.   

then she told us about their new pet, a monkey.  yep.  a monkey.  and that the monkey was small and cute and sweet… and got a little freaked out around the kids and bit her.  yep. the monkey bit her. welcome to life in africa.

monkey bites were not on my list of “bad things that could happen while living in africa.  my first thought was “do tetanus and rabies shots cover monkey bites?"  michael, my 20 year old son told me, “you know aids started in monkeys.”  that was helpful.  :0)

i could feel the challenge to worry or to trust Him rising up inside me.  what will I choose?   so my new area of learning to trust God involves monkey bites.  is God big enough to handle monkey bites?  absolutely, yes.   do I need to worry about the complications that might come from a monkey bite?  absolutely not.  because God can be trusted in all things.   who better to trust than the One who loves me and is in complete control of all that happens, including monkey bites.

"cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."  1 peter 5:7


No comments: